to mama with love

For Mother's Day this year, I donated in my mom's name to To Mama with Love, an online art project raising money to build homes for kids in Tanzania.   My parents have just moved into their amazing, self-built post and beam home, so I thought that a gift of shelter for others was well timed.

For those of you wondering why her gift wasn't handmade, well, it will be.  She also received the gift of an afternoon of mother-daughter DIY.  I have a file full of design*sponge inspiration, and I can't wait to get started.  But that's another blog post.

While I was visiting on Sunday I had a chance to take some snaps of another gift, one that I made for her this past Christmas: a lacy, chunky throw.  Perfect for their new digs, if I may say so.


I must admit, the pattern's not mine - but all you knitters can find it here.

More importantly, there's still time to donate in your mama's name.

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your comments!

 

instagram